Mobile marketing should be treated as an integral part of your overall marketing strategy. Consider using any of the six main digital marketing channels: mobile-friendly website, mobile advertising, mobile e-mail, text messaging, mobile apps and push notifications and action codes (QR codes).
Here are the top 10 mobile marketing tips that we hope will help you be more effective when it comes to running your mobile marketing:
1. Design for mobile. Test the look of your website on different mobile devices (quirktools.com/screenfly) and on different browsers (www.browserstack.com/screenshots)
2. Use mobile in combination with other channels. Success lies in playing all channels right to be consistently present across all devices.
3. Personalization: help your customers feel connected by personalizing messages, including tailoring them to a specific area or location.
4. Honour permission. Don’t send unsolicited messages.
5. Keep it simple and short. Less is more for mobile marketing.
6. Respond quickly. Consumers expect immediate responses with mobile.
7. Keep your focus on one call to action at a time.
8. Start your (text) message with action words such as sell, save, rush and purchase, to grab their attention.
10. Avoid over-sending. Honour the expectations of your audience. Remember that customers pay for text messaging, so don’t send more than three to five messages a month.
BizTech Q&A is our answer to the most common technology questions related to your business.
Email us your questions, and we will respond.
Cyri Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org), founder of ZENPortfolios.ca and co-founder of Zen Launchpad, teaches at BCIT and Capilano University. Ivan Surjanovic, CEO of iPower Lab, is in Capilano University’s marketing faculty. He blogs at whereispuck.com and tweets on www.twitter.com/whereispuck.