The structure of Canadian families and businesses is becoming more complex and diverse than ever before, and increasingly clients present with assets and beneficiaries located worldwide. Inefficient planning can be disastrous for your clients, and practitioners must ensure they stay on top of the best practices and changes in this field. Give your clients peace of mind and security by learning to navigate planning methods and issues that arise when dealing with multiple jurisdictions.
This conference will keep you current on some of the most pressing developments and challenges faced by planners today, bringing together leading experts on estate planning, wealth management and taxation issues to provide you with practical, current advice for addressing the many challenges that arise when clients’ assets and beneficiaries are dispersed across multiple jurisdictions. Our expert faculty will provide you with practical planning tools and strategies that you can immediately apply to your practice. You will gain a solid understanding of essential issues and discuss the potential concerns that may arise from time-to-time.
You Will Learn About:
• Choice of law considerations and the use of multiple wills
• Select Canadian and international tax considerations
• Situations where trusts are still useful
• Tips and traps for dealing with certain US tax and estate issues
• Practice management tips for working with international clients
• Considerations when choosing your decision-makers
• Real estate issues, including inbound investment planning
Who Should Attend?
• Wills, trusts, and estate lawyers
• Tax lawyers and professionals
• Insurance professionals
• Trust officers
• Financial planners and wealth management professionals
For more information, visit www.pbli.com/1486
Telephone: 604-730-2500 or toll free 877-730-2555
Fax: 604-730-5085 or toll free 866-730-5085
Mail: Unit 2-2246 Spruce Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 2P3