When: February 5th, 2020 @ 9:00 am to 4:50 pm
Where: UBC Robson Square (800 Robson Street, Vancouver, B.C.)
Credits: 6.33 hours of continuing professional development with the Law Societies of BC.
Co-Chairs: David J. Christian, Thorsteinssons LLP and Asif Abdulla, Thorsteinssons LLP
Many business transactions carry tax implications that can be managed through careful planning and knowledge of the relevant rules. Whether a business is just starting out or is long-established, important decisions made every day can have tax implications down the road. Knowing how to manage risk will allow business owners, managers, or advisors to optimize transactions.
At this conference, our expert faculty will cover the key considerations to manage risks in the course of tax planning, including applicable anti-avoidance rules. You will learn how to avoid common traps effectively, and how to structure transactions to reduce risk.
Key Areas To Be Addressed:
• An overview of recent decisions about tax compliance and avoidance
• TOSI compliance and planning in various contexts
• Risk avoidance in pipeline planning
• The General Anti-Avoidance Rule
• Sales and property tax anti-avoidance rules
Who Should Attend?
• Lawyers who practise in the areas of taxation, business law or estate planning
• Accountants practising in the areas of corporate taxation or advisory services for privately held businesses
• Owners and managers of businesses
• Financial planners and business consultants
For more information, visit our website at www.pbli.com/1563
Telephone: 604-730-2500 or toll free 877-730-2555
Fax: 604-730-5085 or toll free 866-730-5085
Mail: Unit 2-2246 Spruce Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 2P3