Layer 7, the highly successful Vancouver software company that is being acquired by IT giant CA Technologies, is one of four finalists this year for the BC Technology Industry Association's Technology Impact Awards for company of the year.
"The 2013 TIAs finalists are clearly making their mark on the world, selling to and partnering with some of the largest organizations around the globe," said BCTIA president Bill Tam.
"These companies represent thousands of jobs, tens of millions in investment, research and development, and hundreds of millions in annual exports."
The winners of the awards will be announced at the annual TIA awards June 6. Other finalists are:
Emerging Company of the Year:
- Aquatic Informatics Inc. www.aquaticinformatics.com
- QuickMobile www.quickmobile.com
- Rx Networks Inc. www.rxnetworks.com
Most Promising Pre-Commercial Technology:
- Nanotech Security Corp www.nanosecurity.ca
Most Promising Start-up:
Adoption of Technology
- ACL www.acl.com and CHC Helicopter www.chc.ca
- OpenRoad Communications www.openroad.ca and Transportation Investment Corporation www.treo.ca
Excellence in Product Innovation
Team of the Year
- Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA)