Vancouver’s Shannon Rogers has taken top spot in this year’s Profit/Chatelaine W100 list, which ranks female entrepreneurs across the country.å
The list ranks entrepreneurial women in Canada based on the size, growth rate and profitability of their companies. All winners are involved in the day-to-day management of their firms.
Former lawyer Rogers founded Global Relay, an electronic message archiving firm, in 1999. In addition to its head office in Gastown, the company now has offices in New York, Chicago, London, Singapore, Halifax and Raleigh. In the past three years, its revenue has grown 122%.
Ten other B.C. women made the list:
- 9th place: Karina Hayat, Prizm Media – Vancouver;
- 26th place: Mandy Farmer, Accent Inns & Hotel – Victoria;
- 40th place: Claudia Sjoberg, Atlantis Programs, Pedalheads Bike Camps and Pedalheads Bike Camps USA – Vancouver;
- 42nd place: Marla Kott, Ellen Flanders and Kristin MacMillan, Imprint Plus (Illen Products) – Richmond;
- 49th place: Amiee Chan, Norsat International – Richmond;
- 61st place: Noel Asmar, Noel Asmar Group – Surrey;
- 84th place: Ainslie Cyopik and Terri Margo, AinslieWear Design – Vancouver;
- 86th place: Kim Pickett, KIMBO Design – Vancouver
- 88th place: Rita Cheng, Superior Tofu – Vancouver; and
- 90th place: Debra Lykkemark, Culinary Capers Catering and Special Events – Vancouver.
The top three was rounded out by Jackie Pickard of Jakait in Kingsville, Ontario, and Lois Cormack, Sienna Senior Living, Markham, Ontario.
The full list of winners can be found here.