(Update November 24: Debby Carreau, CEO and founder of Inspired HR Ltd., has been added below to the list of B.C. winners of the WXN Hall of Fame.)
The Women’s Executive Network (WXN) is honouring 21 women from British Columbia this year in their annual awards for the top 100 most powerful women across Canada, the group announced November 23.
WXN said the awards are intended to motivate and inspire other women. The leaders are ranked based on several leadership criteria.
Four former Business in Vancouver Forty Under 40 winners made the list this year: Wendy Lisogar-Coccia (winner 1998), Natalie Dakers (1999), Shannon Rogers (2007) and Shahrzad Rafati (2012).
Winners from B.C. are, by category:
BMO Arts and Communications
- Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO, BroadbandTV
- Karina Brino, president and CEO, Mining Association of British Columbia
- Anne Giardini, chancellor, Simon Fraser University
Scotiabank Corporate Executives
- Karen Hardie, VP, global sales, Rocky Mountaineer
- Kathy McGarrigle, COO, Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
- Cathy McLay, CFO and EVP, finance and corporate services, TransLink
- Charlene Ripley, EVP, general counsel, Goldcorp Inc.
- Laurie Schultz, president and CEO, ACL
- Catherine Wood, SVP, head of online brokerage, insurance products and marketing, Qtrade Financial Group
- Shannon Rogers, president and general counsel, Global Relay Communications
- Petra Kuret, location managing director, Accenture
- Valerie Mann, partner, Lawson Lundell LLP
PWC Public Sector Leaders
- Barbara Grantham, president and CEO, VGH and UBC Hospital Foundation
- Kathy Kinloch, president, British Columbia Institute of Technology
Sun Life Financial Trailblazers and Trendsetters
- Natalie Dakers, president and CEO, Accel-Rx Health Services Accelerator
- Ann Dale, professor, Trudeau Fellow alumna, Canada Research Chair (2004-2014), Royal Roads University
- Sandra Oldfield, president and CEO, Tinhorn Creek Vineyards
WXN Hall of Fame
- Debby Carreau, CEO and founder, Inspired HR Ltd.
- Karen Flavelle, CEO, Purdys Chocolatier
- Dana Hayden, president, Hayden Consulting Services
- Wendy Lisogar-Cocchia, CEO, Absolute Spa Group/Crew Management Ltd.
The Top 100 Awards were established in 2003. Winners will attend an awards ceremony in Toronto November 24. To see a complete list of all winners, visit the WXN website here.
Check out BIV’s podcast for the week of November 23, 2016: