Vancouver’s Bench Accounting saw its revenue increase 12,814% – or 128 times – over the past four years, making it the tech company with the highest growth in British Columbia and the fourth highest in Canada, according to Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50 listing revealed November 9.
Bench was not the only B.C. company to make the list. In total, 13 companies from the province made it into the ranking; 11 of those companies were from Vancouver.
The average rate of growth for all companies that made the list was 4,625%, which is a jump of 74% compared with last year. London, Ontario’s Diply.com came in top spot, with four-year growth of 92,881%.
“Fast 50 winners achieve incredible growth,” said Deloitte Canada managing partner for technology, media and telecommunications Anders McKenzie. “The technology, media and telecommunications sector has achieved significant advances in the last 20 years.
“This current innovative cohort of companies continues to lead the pack in transforming the way we live and work.”
Other B.C. companies that made the list were:
- 7th place: SendtoNews, Victoria (revenue up 9,278%);
- 9th place: Refresh Financial, Kelowna (up 5,483%);
- 14th place: Awesense, Vancouver (up 3,058%);
- 18th place: Canada Drives, Vancouver (up 1,760%);
- 21st place: Foodee, Vancouver (up 1,036%);
- 22nd place: Visier, Vancouver (up 990%);
- 25th place: BroadbandTV, Vancouver (up 889%);
- 26th place: Allocadia, Vancouver (up 852%);
- 31st place: Neurio, Vancouver (up 781%);
- 33rd place: Unbounce, Vancouver (up 681%);
- 34th place: Buyatab Online Inc., Vancouver (up 627%); and
- 46th place: Eastside Games Inc, Vancouver (up 472%).
For a complete list of all winners, click here.