All may be fair in love and war, but how about when it comes to seafood chowder and beer?
You can be the judge of that pairing when the annual Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown stirs things up in Vancouver this February.
The popular event features a baker's dozen B.C. chefs who will present their take on the comfort classic, using sustainable Ocean Wise-approved seafood, alongside craft beer pairings.
As a guest, it's your duty to taste them all, then vote on your favourites, to help come up with 2020's winners.
The event is part of Ocean Wise Conservation Association’s coast-to-coast battle to claim the coveted Chowder Champion title, with a matching event happening February 26 in Toronto. Both are held annually to help promote awareness for sustainable seafood and raise critical funds to further the Ocean Wise Sustainable Seafood Program’s mission.
Ticket prices include the chance to taste all the chowders alongside beverages from local favorites like Lonetree, Whistler Brewing, Yellowdog and Phillips. All proceeds directly support the Ocean Wise Seafood Program, which helps to ensure healthy lakes rivers and oceans for generations to come.
Take a look at the awesome chefs who will be ladling out the goods come Feb. 20:
- Chef Stacy Johnston, Ocean Wise
- Chef Chris Andraza, Fanny Bay Oysters
- Chef Welbert Choi, Forage
- Chef Curtis Demyon, Langara Fishing Lodge
- Chef Florencia Gomez Quinteros, Wildflower
- Chef Dai Fukasaku, Fukasaku
- Chef Anthony Marzo, ARC Restaurant
- Chef Andy Slinn, Stanley Park Restaurant & Brewpub
- Graham Sharpe, Pacific Yacht Charters
- Chef Andy Chan & Chef Johnny Bridge, UBC
- Chef Shallaw Kadir, Fishworks
- Chef Derek Bothwell, Blossom Dim Sum
Please note, the Chowder Chowdown is a 19+ event only.
When: Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020 from 7-11 p.m.
Where: Vancouver Aquarium - 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
Cost: VIP - $95 + tax, Regular - $79+ tax. Buy tickets online here