It’s beginning to look a lot like Santa doesn’t want to get COVID-19, but what he does want is for families to feel safe.
Extra precautions are being taken as two Burnaby malls prepare to have Santa Claus returning for Christmas photo sessions.
Santa will be at Lougheed Town Centre from Nov. 21 to Dec. 24 in front of the London Drugs outlet. The Amazing Brentwood will have Santa from Nov. 28 to Dec. 24 on the upper level where the food court used to be. (Metropolis at Metrotown told the NOW it would not be hosting Santa this year due to COVID-19.)
Both malls are owned by Shape Properties and have instituted a number of rules to make everyone safer.
For one thing, Santa will be behind Plexiglas.
You also have to book your visit with Santa on either mall’s website as visits are by appointment only.
In order to visit Santa and stay on the nice list:
- Keep your group small. Photo visits are limited to a maximum of 6 guests from your household.
- Wear your mask. Masks are mandatory at all times for adults and older children except when your photo is being taken.
- Keep your distance. Physical distancing outside of your party must be maintained at all times.
- Arrive safe. Guest will have their temperature checked and must sanitize upon arrival.
- Leave safe. Guests must sanitize hands when exiting.
Both malls have implemented the following procedures:
- Families will be seated at a safe distance from Santa, with a Plexiglas barrier in between
- All guest touchpoints will be cleaned and sanitized between visits.
- Complete cleaning of Santa’s wonderland twice daily
- All team members will have their temperature checked before their shift, wear masks and maintain distance with guests at all times
- Guests or staff may not enter Santa’s Wonderland, and will be required to cancel their appointment or shift if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to anyone who has felt symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19, and/or have travelled out of the country within the past 14 days.