Sixteen British Columbia firms are the finalists for the 2022 BC Export Awards, the province’s most prestigious recognition of exporting companies.
The award, presented by Business in Vancouver in partnership with the B.C. Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology, the B.C. Division of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters and the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade, originated in 1982 and is the longest-running ceremony of its kind in Canada. It has honoured more than 300 companies.
“Once again this year, we have an outstanding selection of successful and innovative firms as finalists,” said Kirk LaPointe, BIV publisher and editor-in-chief. “These companies represent our province proudly to the world.”
The finalists (in alphabetical order):
- Advancing Technology: Copperleaf Technologies, East Side Games, Ecoation Innovative Solutions Inc.
- Clean Technology: Ecoation Innovative Solutions Inc. Loop Energy, Terramera PlantScience Inc.
- Consumer Products: Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd., Tru Earth Environmental Products Inc., WTFast.
- Digital and Media Entertainment: Atomic Cartoons, Charm Games Inc., WTFast.
- Emerging Exporter: Acuva Technology, MineSense, Wen Plastics.
- Manufactured Products: Terramera PlantScience Inc., Tru Earth Environmental Products Inc., VMAC Global Technologies.
- Natural Resources: Jealous Fruits Ltd., MineSense, 7 Seas Fish Co.
- Professional Services: Charm Games Inc., Copperleaf Technologies, MineSense.
The winners, one of which will also be declared Exporter of the Year, will be announced at a luncheon ceremony in February in Vancouver. Tickets and more information are available at biv.com/events.