A forecast of high winds in the Strait of Georgia and other areas around Vancouver Island has led to widespread cancellations on several B.C. Ferries routes.
The corporation listed the following cancellations:
• Swartz Bay-Tsawwassen — All sailings starting with the 7 p.m. departures from Swartz Bay and Tsawwassen.
• Duke Point-Tsawwassen — All sailings starting with the 8:15 p.m. departure from Duke Point.
• Departure Bay-Horseshoe Bay — All sailings starting with the 8:05 p.m. departure from Horseshoe Bay.
• Tsawwassen-Southern Gulf Islands — All sailings starting with the 7:30 p.m. departure from Tsawwassen.
• Swartz Bay-Southern Gulf Islands — All sailings starting with the 7:30 p.m. departure from Swartz Bay.
Many smaller up-Island routes have cancellations, as well.
B.C. Ferries will contact customers with bookings on cancelled sailings to inform them if there is space available on an alternate sailing or if their booking has to be cancelled.
Refunds will be given for cancellations.
“We will continue to monitor this weather system and share information as it becomes available,” B.C. Ferries said in a statement.
For more information, go to bcferries.com.